23 February 2008

Snow Day!

A Walk in the Park
We got our first significant snowstorm since 2006 and it was lovely. As you can see, I was really enjoying the bird watching. Oh, and I also enjoyed all the people watching - kids and adults alike, sledding, skiing, and a few snowball fights. Sometimes when I miss nature and wildlife I can easily slip off into Central Park for a small glimpse of what I gave up living in Washington State. And while the park is often sparsely filled with people most days, on special occasions, like a snowstorm, both city dwellers and tourists alike come to enjoy such a special place like the park. It makes the urban canyon living a little more bearable.

1 comment:

Belle said...

GORGE! All we got was a bit of spittle-like rain and a dreary fog. I lurve the birds.