02 January 2011

Brunch at Locanda Verde

Met Jeremy and Janice and Locanda Verde for brunch. Strangely I noticed I did the same thing last year with Violet. Is this going to be a tradition? I think not after the lackluster meal.

Cappuccino was good (illy) but too small. Gin fizz was a disappointing gin-meets-grapefruit-wedge bore. Can't order the special pastries from the menu grouping (zucchini bread, chocolate donuts, ginger lemon scone) so ended up with an ok savory cheese and bacon scone and a lackluster pumpkin bread. Couldn't even order pastries from the counter selection and the bar?! Bad form.

Janice's shrimp and grits were bipolar. The grits were delish but the shrimp were shellfishy - I spit mine out :O Jeremy and I split Uovo Modenese and the porchetta sandwich. Both were good but I've come to expect more than good from LV.

Looks like next year I'll have to find a new brunch spot ... probably in Brooklyn, argh!

No comments: