02 January 2011

Home Again, Home Again ...

Have no idea when they took this picture of the Bolt Bus at 33rd and 7th Ave. since there is ALWAYS tons of traffic and mobs of people. But I have to give a shout out to Bolt for being one of the better bus services around. It costs so much less than the train but is safer than some of the Chinatown options. After a Megabus incident that left me stranded outside of the Lincoln Tunnel (bus driver - truck driver incident), I've been a Bolt regular customer. I also like not having to line up. Bolt boards according to groups; guess that's like Southwest Airlines except Bolt serves How-I-Met-Your-Mother cast-a-likes and SW caters to the support socks crowd. Bolt rewards frequent travelers (group A) by allowing us to board first. YEAH, window!

The Bolt ride to DC really depends on the driver. They can get us there early but some like to stop for a 'convenience' break. Ugh. I like the drivers who push straight through. I really don't need a bad fast food sandwich when riding with a mob of twenty-somethings. Free WiFi works about 60% of the time but I mostly like to catch up with friends on the phone or sleep.

This driver had to stop. He also sprayed air freshness, which is really a misnomer, in the bus thus making me flee the cabin to get some REAL fresh air. We got to DC a little late and I was home in time to start my first bath of kombucha. More on that in another post.

Back home in DC.

No comments: