01 January 2013

Chai, my child

She, she looks funny. Yes, the lump has now taken over almost all of her lower jaw. But pain meds and sunshine are GREAT. She is one resilient cat - still able to eat and purr. She uses her litter box, loves her scratching pad, basically better than most cats ;) Seriously, the only though part is eating. If cat food were red, you'd think someone was murdered in a wood chipper after she's eaten. Food particles get flicked off her feed paw up the wall to heights of 4 feet! Food paw prints left all over the house. Then she drinks with full chin in one of her four drinking spots set up around the apartment - window sill, bathroom sink, low water bowl and a higher pint glass near her food. She keeps hydrated. But after drinking, she shakes like a wet dog sending all the lovely wet food/water mixtures flying everywhere. Wow! At first I used to follow her around, clean her paws after eating, cleaning her face, but she just circles back to eating again, repeat process, plus I keep food out for her at all times and can't monitor her 24/7 thus I've now found humor in cleaning up the very impressive mess she leaves in her wake.

Anyone looking at my appearance - food stains on all my clothes, disheveled hair and appearance, exhausted look - would think I'm a new parent. Looking at the food scatter pattern around her eating area would also lead one to think 'toddler'. But it is cat food, and food strains are in the patter of paw prints and smells like cat food. I'm ones sexy mom!

No comments: